Hola a todos,
Thomas "Blixtev" Blair here, and I’m going to chat with y’all about some of the new UI options that are coming online as they relate to the powers loadout. It may seem a pretty mundane thing to talk about, but the arrival of this system portents so many things coming on the horizon (like Disciplines). No one has really needed to think about loading out their character’s powers in the past as each archetype was built to have a very specific loadout of powers, but now it will be vital to ensure you have the powers loaded out into their proper slots.
¡Profundicemos en ello!
Powers are broken into three categories:
- Basic – These are the standard powers that go into slots 1-10, left and right mouse buttons, and the C slot.
- Passive – These are powers that just function automatically in the background.
- Retaliate – These powers activate when the player is crowd controlled and generally offer a way to get out of that crowd control.
The power UI is opened via pressing the “K” key.
Powers can now be drug from the top section to the power tray. Powers can also be drug off the tray. You can even make every single button in the power tray have the same power in it. (No clue why you would want to do this, but you can!)
Let’s dive a bit deeper into each category type.
BASIC POWERS SELECTION
Basic powers are the powers that everyone should be the most familiar with because they make up the bulk of the powers that are available to an archetype.
- Left clicks – Primarily used in the past as a “builder”-style attack. Currently can be loaded out to any spot in the power tray. (This one is up for debate if we should specifically lock it to the left click slot and only allow one.)
- Right clicks – In the past mapped to dodges and blocks, now these kinds of powers can be loaded out anywhere in the basic section.
- C power – This slot has become the home for an “ultimate” style of attack even though in the new system these kinds of powers can be loaded out anywhere in the basic section.
- 1-10 – Players will default to 1-8 usable slots; however, through the use of the Expansive Mind minor discipline, this can be expanded by two additional slots.
PASSIVE POWERS SELECTION
Passive powers pretty much just do their thing in the background and offer gameplay changing aspects. Because of this, we are limiting the maximum number to three that a player can have actively equipped.
If the passive is not loaded out in the passive section of the power tray, the passive is not benefiting the player in any way. So make sure to load the ones you want to apply to your character!
For example: One of the new Passives. Stormcaller, from the Master of Scimitars weapon discipline is very powerful. We only want the player to have a few of these equipped.
RETALIATE POWERS SECTION
Retaliate powers can only be used when you are either stunned or knocked down. In the past each archetype was automatically assigned one. As part of the Discipline system we will be introducing Retaliates that have a variety of different aspects to them. For example: Retaliates that can heal life or resource instead of dealing damage, or Retaliate that give a short duration move speed buff. All of these will be options that we plan to offer soon.
Power loadout customization is now a thing! This is a prelude to us building lots of Discipline powers. The most important thing you can do is ensure you always have your powers loaded out. You should already be able to use this system on Big World although, unfortunately, the changes to the default aren’t saving yet so you will need to do it every time you log in or out.
Como siempre, déjanos cualquier comentario en los foros y ¡nos vemos en el juego!
Thomas “Blixtev” Blair Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment