ART+CRAFT ENTERTAINMENT, INC. NORMAS DE CONDUCTA 1.2
Version: 1.2 - June 6th, 2016
Art+Craft Entertainment, Inc.
General Rules of Conduct for the Entire Service
The Art+Craft Entertainment, Inc. service, hereinafter "Art+Craft", may provide communication channels such as forums, private messages, communities, in-game chat/messaging, chat areas and/or any other means of players communicating with each other within the Art+Craft Service ("Communication Channels") designed to enable you to communicate with other Service users. Art+Craft has no obligation to monitor these Communication Channels, but may do so. Art+Craft also reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Channels, and to remove any materials, at any time, with or without notice for any reason, at its sole discretion.
Art+Craft may also terminate or suspend an accounts access to any Communication Channels, at any time, without prior notice, for any reason. The account will be notified of any action related to terminating or suspending access via the email associated with the account. You acknowledge that chats, postings, or materials posted by users on the Communication Channels are neither endorsed nor controlled by Art+Craft, and these communications should not be considered reviewed or approved by Art+Craft. Art+Craft will not under any circumstances be liable for any activity within Communication Channels.
You agree that all of your communications within the Communication Channels are public, and thus you have no expectation of privacy regarding your use of the Communication Channels. Art+Craft is not responsible for information that you choose to share on the Communication Channels or for the actions of other users.
You agree that your use of the Service shall be lawful and that you will comply with Art+Craft's usage rules. In accordance with the above, as an example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Service in order to:
- Post, upload, transmit or otherwise disseminate information that is obscene, indecent, vulgar, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable.
- Defame, libel, ridicule, mock, stalk, threaten, harass, intimidate or abuse anyone, hatefully, racially, ethnically or, in a reasonable person's view, otherwise offensive or objectionable.
- Make real-world threats of any kind against others .
- Use the service to discuss anything about real-world politics or religion as these topics are inherently divisive and not part of the game experience.
- Upload, transmit or link to (or attempt to upload, transmit or link to) files or sites that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots, scripts, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Service or other users' computers, and/or compromise the security of a computer system.
- Violate the contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights of any party including using, uploading, transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any information made available through the Service in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- Attempt to obtain passwords and/or other account-related information from other members.
- Disrupt the flow of chat, in chat rooms (including in-game chat), with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting (all caps) in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding (posting repetitive text) or use of any other methods to disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms.
- Improperly use support channels or in-game help options to make false reports to Art+Craft.
- Impersonate, indicate falsely or misleadingly that you are an Art+Craft employee or a representative of Art+Craft or any of Art+Craft's partners or affiliates.
- Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication and communications for playing the game, including: commercial advertising, promotional messaging, referral codes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- Promote any product or service which is not directly related to or sanctioned by Art+Craft or the Crowfall Service.
- Use , develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications except as explicitly sanctioned by Art+Craft. This includes any method or means which modifies the software code provided by Art+Craft or that interferes with and/or modifies the transmissions to and from your computer and the Art+Craft service.
- Exploit, distribute or publicly inform other members of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage.
- Post or communicate any other user's real-world personal information or likeness (including images or video) using any of the Art+Craft Services.
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for any of the Art+Craft Services.
- Exploit the game or any of the other Art+Craft Services, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) commercial use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other commercial location-based site, without an explicit license from Art+Craft. (b ) For acquiring in-game virtual items or resources for sale outside of the game, other than as allowed by Art+Craft. Or (c ) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the game.
- Post any messages to, or otherwise attempt via any of the Art+Craft Services (or otherwise) to trade or sell physical or digital Merchandise, such as characters, resources, game credits or other accrued game benefits offered by Art+Craft for real-world currencies, except where specifically allowed by Art+Craft.
- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy using an Art+Craft Service or take actions outside of normal game mechanics that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide the Art+Craft Service for the enjoyment of all its users.
- Threaten legal action of any kind against Art+Craft or discussing legal actions of any type in any Communication Channel. Anything related to legal issues or action should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software, or cheats or hacks for the Service.
Forum Rules of Conduct
We begin and end with this: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums
The Crowfall forum is a safe and constructive space to discuss Crowfall video game content and related items. In order to keep this a productive place for all community members, there are ground rules that must be followed for all methods of communication on the forums.
It is okay for users to disagree with one another, but opinions must be expressed in a reasonable and civil manner. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices may be heard.
All communication, whether between players, moderators or Art+Craft, must be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary can distract from the topic at hand, reduce the visibility of valuable communication, and discourage others from participating in the conversation.
Things to avoid:
- Off-Topic Commentary: Don't post topics or replies unrelated to a thread. Posts like these spawn non-productive discussions, as well as detract from otherwise useful discussions. There is an off-topic section of the forums for subjects not related to the Game, which are not disallowed by other rules.
- Spam: Do not post communication lacking in meaningful content or posts that do not contribute directly to the conversation. People who spam, post links to non-Crowfall products, or post repetitive information also fall into this category.
- Images: Posting single images or animated .gifs that are not on-topic with the discussion or without any substantive accompanying text is not allowed.(Quotes of previous posts are not ‘substantive content’.) Images may be removed and users may be disciplined for repeated offenses. Please note that using images to support your discussion is fine as long as the images follow the forum rules (no adult content, politics, religion, defamation, trolling, personal attacks, racism, etc.). Images must be no larger than 400 pixels x 400 pixels.
- Cross-posting: Don't post the same topic or conversation repeatedly and/or across multiple threads in an attempt to gain attention for an issue. If a conversation is relevant to multiple groups, players may post a link to the main conversation in no more than two additional forums. We also discourage posting a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed, as it spreads the conversation out and makes it harder to gather the appropriate feedback. Before starting a new thread, please use the forum search function to see if a discussion is already in progress or was recently discussed (within three months or less). If a topic is actively being discussed, join that discussion. If it was discussed sometime during the preceding 90 days, revive the thread by adding a new post.
- Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please use the report tool instead of engaging with the user.
- Disrupting Official Threads: Do not post about other topics in official threads (those that are started by Art+Craft employees) or use official threads as a platform to advance another agenda. These are created to gather feedback on specific issues or topics relevant to the Crowfall forum.
- Threatening Legal Action : Any player who feels the need to take legal action with regard to their experiences with Art+Craft or its games should contact email@example.com directly. We do not allow such discussions to take place on the forums.
- Advertising: Posting or linking to advertisements or promotions for non-Crowfall related subjects, products or services in threads and signatures is not permitted.
Do not troll or make personal attacks
Trolling, demeaning and making personal attacks on others, in any form, is not allowed. Per Wikipedia, "a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement."
The posters’ intent is not discernible or material to ArtCraft, but the outcomes are. If in our judgement a player is interacting in a way that is provoking overly emotional responses and/or disrupting a constructive conversation, it will be regarded as trolling behavior.
- Non-constructive feedback or comments.
- Personal attacks: Do not insult, degrade or criticize any person or group of people. Personal attacks derail useful discussion.
- Attacks on groups: Attacking groups of people, guilds, companies, or user locations, including, but not limited to, home countries, is prohibited.
- Intolerance/Hate: Attacks specifically regarding race, politics, religion, or sexual orientation are grounds for immediate suspension and possibly a permanent suspension.
- Excessive Reporting of Posts: Frequently or repeatedly using the report tool to draw attention to a specific cause or individual is considered trolling.
- Accusing Others of Trolling: Calling or labeling someone as troll or accusing them of trolling is also a form of trolling.
- Do not publicly share private messages from other users. If someone is harassing you via private message, do not reply but instead contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel someone is behaving in a manner that violates the rules, please use the forum's Report tool. Do not engage the person exhibiting these behaviors, as this is often the very response and attention they are seeking. You may also employ the "Ignore Preferences" forum feature (Your Profile > Manage Ignore Prefs) to block posts, signatures and private messages from another user.
Signature graphics are permitted, but may only contain your character name, personal or guild sigil and personal slogan or other text that is directly related to your in-game persona, or content directly related to Crowfall. All content must be in good taste. Size is limited to 32k bytes. Signatures are limited to the following by the forum software:
- Maximum number of images users in this group can add to their signature: 1
- Maximum dimensions of images users in this group can use in their signature: Max Width (px): 500 x Max Height (px): 100
- Maximum number of urls users in this group can add to their signature: 2
- Maximum number of lines users in this group can use in their signature: 2
Profanity is not allowed
The use of profanity on the forums is not allowed. Please be respectful of your fellow players, and do not use this sort of language. This includes intentionally working around the word filter or partially masking profanity by substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear and it will be treated as prohibited profanity.
Some actions can result in disciplinary actions, including the immediate suspension of forum privileges
There are some actions severe enough to result in immediate temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges without prior notification. Serious or sustained offenses may result in suspension of not only the user's forum account but game account as well.
Please refer to the General Rules of Conduct for the complete list, but examples include:
- Threats against anyone or any group.
- Viruses, malware, worms, or Trojans.
- Sexually explicit content, including sexual harassment.
- Sharing personal information about Art+Craft volunteers, employees, or any other individuals.
- Hate speech, including the degrading or vilifying of a particular race, religion, ethnic group, gender, sexual preference, or sexual identity, as well as any members of these groups.
- Evading suspension through account hopping.
- Impersonation of an Art+Craft employee or agent.
- Promoting or linking to exploits, cheating programs, piracy, or any sort of illegal activity
Serious violations of these rules may result in further steps taken with your Internet Service Provider (ISP), Law Enforcement, or required authorities or agencies.
Abide by moderator and Art+Craft employee instructions
If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter publicly in forum posts. Do not attempt to recreate a closed thread by starting a new one on the same topic. Send an e-mail to email@example.com, and be sure to include your forum handle, and clearly state your concerns. NEVER send your password to anyone, including Art+Craft representatives.
Moderation actions by their nature are private between Art+Craft and the individual
Moderation and disciplinary actions related to specific individuals will only be discussed with the individual(s) directly involved via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not share the contents of correspondence from Art+Craft representatives (including Support personnel, moderators or other staff members).
Discussion of general moderation actions and policies of any kind will be limited to the forum section entitled "The Great Hall", a 'town hall' type platform expressly for the discussion of Crowfall community concerns. All other discussions of moderation or customer support actions are not permitted elsewhere on our forums and may be moved to the proper area or removed entirely. Repeated posting about moderation actions outside of the "The Great Hall" may lead to disciplinary action. Discussions in "The Great Hall" section of the forum must be kept constructive, civil and should not reveal anyone's personal or account information (i.e. no specific individuals or situations can be mentioned).
Do not reveal account information when discussing Customer Service interactions
Due to privacy concerns, Customer Service (CS) interactions should not contain sensitive account information. No Art+Craft employee or representative will ever ask for your password, and you should never include your password in any communication with Art+Craft or through any other means (such as chat rooms on the forums or in-game).
Moderation activities involving the discipline of an individual
If a moderator or Art+Craft representative removes or edits your post, you will be contacted. In the midst of any moderation activity, the individual account ability to post may be temporarily suspended. Once a determination has been made about the specific incident, and if any action is being taken relative to the incident, the individual will be notified via private message and/or email of the incident, what element of the rules were violated and the disciplinary action, if any, that is being taken for the violation.
Due to privacy concerns, persons who report posts will not be notified about what actions, if any, were taken against the reported user.
When a situation warrants disciplinary action, we prefer to only issue warnings (that may or may not include warning points), but we may escalate to temporary suspensions to allow a cool-down period. Some incidents can (and repeated incidents will) lead to permanent suspension including loss of communication privileges, access to the game and/or any pledges or Crowfall store credits associated with the account. Permanent suspensions may be appealed once after a 90- day cool-down period by contacting email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Forum content is moderated at Art+Craft's sole discretion, and content may be modified, moved, removed, or otherwise restricted by Art+Craft employees and/or moderators.
Remember: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums
In-Game Rules of Conduct
Crowfall is a game centered on immersive group and faction-based PvP conflict. Therefore, it is to be expected that players will be entrenched in a hard-hitting, ferociously competitive in-game experience. In the midst of winning and losing, emotions can and will run high.
It is also to be expected that certain other aspects of conflict, including espionage and betrayal, will feature heavily in the tactics employed by players. So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct-meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Art+Craft's rules and policies occur-it is considered appropriate play.
Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict:
- ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse
- No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game.
- If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply.
- All other prohibited behaviors, such as using exploits or making real world threats (as noted in the General Rules of Conduct) are still considered actionable offenses and may result in disciplinary action against your game account.
In consideration of the in-game atmosphere we anticipate, we will be more lenient on language used within the game world. Players will have the option of tuning out harsh language or communication by specific players by using the Chat Filter and/or Ignore function.
If you are disciplined within the in-game environment for violations of Art+Craft policies and/or rules that result in suspension of your game access, you will lose access to the Communication Channels in addition to the game environment.