This is a guide you can use to troubleshoot common Crowfall issues yourself. Remember you’re always welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into problems.
HELP! MY GAME WON'T RUN! There are several things you can try on your own.
- Update your graphics driver! Nvidia, particularly, updates often and old drivers will cause problems.
- Right click on the Crowfall application. Select “Run as Administrator”.
- Check that Windows Firewall (or another anti-virus and/or firewall software) is turned off for Crowfall so that it can communicate with our servers (we need ports 80, 443 and 12000-12999 open for TCP/IP bi-directionally).
- Right click on the Crowfall application. Look to see if there is a menu item for graphics. If there is, make sure it is set to use a 3D card.
- Check your computer's name. Occasionally special characters like è or õ will block the game from running.
If you continue to have issues loading the game, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A screenshot of the error you saw (if there is an error).
- Press your Windows key, type in dxdiag, and run this. Attach that dxdiag.txt file to the email.
- Find your client logs. Go to your Crowfall folder, open the Downloads folder. You will see files whose names start with “CrowfallClient” followed by a set of numbers. Find the most recent of those, and attach it to the email.
SOMETHING'S WEIRD WHEN I LOG INTO A CAMPAIGN OR ETERNAL KINGDOM!
You know how the joke goes now: “Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?” Well, it’s so ubiquitous for a reason. If you run into an issue while playing in a World, try logging out into the lobby, and logging back into the Campaign or EK. Alternately, you can fully close the client and re-launch. Reestablishing that connection usually helps.
If you continue to see the problem, a screenshot or video is incredibly helpful when reporting it.
As always, reporting these bugs to the appropriate testing sub-forum is incredibly helpful! We especially love the addition of screenshots or videos of the bug.