Research shows that crows are highly intelligent and incredibly sociable creatures, and our Crows prove time and again that they are worthy of the name.
One of my favorite things to do is to check out all the cool things that the Crowfall community is doing, everything from creating fan fiction to videos and even events (like the upcoming “Caldera Colosseum”). I particularly enjoy dropping by livestreams to chat with the presenters and their audiences. Something we’ve seen streamers doing more often in the last couple of months has inspired us to kick off a new project.
THE CROW CIRCLE
Crowfall’s streaming community has grown by leaps and bounds, and we’re sure those numbers will continue to climb as Campaign Worlds become available as well as the availability of 24/7 server access. What’s been particularly exciting to see is how our sociable streamer Crows have been supporting each other, not only with advice about the game and how to stream it, but also in hosting one another’s streams.
This has inspired us to create a program to further foster the growth of our streamer community. We’re calling it the “Crow Circle”.
BENEFITS FOR CROW CIRCLE PARTICIPANTS
Our goal is to build up our Crowfall streamer community through promoting and encouraging Crowfall streamers ourselves as well as encouraging them to continue to support and promote each other
Qualifying members of the Crow Circle will receive.
- Access to an exclusive forum section and Discord channel
- Upgraded test group status to Alpha 1
- All [TESTING COPY] assets
- Bi-weekly live chats in Discord with the Community and Production team
- Hosting their streams on our channel
- Promoting them via our website, social media and newsletters
- Occasional guest spots by Crowfall dev team members
To join the Crow Circle streamer community, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An account in good standing registered at crowfall.com
- Channel must be regularly active for the previous three months
- Channel must have a minimum of 250 followers/ subscribers
- Videos of streams must be uploaded and available for post-broadcast viewing
- Link to crowfall.com must be present in channel description
- Must have a Twitter account (for ease in cross-promotion)
- Must actively engage with the audience
- Streams must be scheduled in advance to be hosted on the official Crowfall Twitch channel
- Channels should host other Crowfall streams at least three times per month.
If you’re a Crowfall streamer who meets the criteria listed above, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Your Crowfall username
- The URL for your Twitch or YouTube channel (or both, if applicable)
- Your Twitter handle
If you haven’t quite built up your stream mojo enough to qualify for the Crow Circle, we will still happily share social media links to your channel to help build up your audience. All you need to do is tag #crowfallgame in a tweet when you’re going live and we’ll share it on Twitter and Facebook.
We also recognize and appreciate our community members who generate a lot of great, non-streaming content. You haven’t been forgotten!
The Crowfall Creations FAQ has been added to explain the guidelines for submitting things like guild recruitment videos, player guides and other cool things you’ve made.
This is a great time to mention that the tentative date is July 25 for our next 12-hour “Crow-a-Thon” livestream. We’ll share more details in the coming weeks, but wanted to let you know now so you can start working on your videos and stuff.
Based on feedback and requests we’ve received, we’ve updated our press kit to include music from the official soundtrack and icons for the new Powers and Disciplines. As mentioned in the FAQ, everyone is welcome to use these assets so long as it’s done within the parameters of our Fair Use Policy.
HELP US HELP YOU HELP US
This is just the first step. Over time, as the community grows and simple ideas turn into great ideas, the Crow Circle may evolve to include fansites and resource sites.
If you have questions or feedback about the Crow Circle project and Crowfall Creations FAQ, let us hear from you. This includes making requests for assets that may not yet be available in the media kit.(Preemptive note: We’ve had lots of requests for our API. It’s something we may be able to do in the future, but it’s not something we can do right now.)
One of the greatest things about MMOs are the communities that build up around them. We want the game and our community to be something you feel good about and want to share with your friends - and a growing Crowfall community is a good thing for all of us.
Thank you for your continuing support! Join me in the discussion thread if you have questions or feedback related to this update.
Valerie “Pann” Massey
Director of Community, ArtCraft Entertainment