During the Crowfall Live Q&A for September, Designers Thomas Blair and Mark Halash revealed a handful of changes to our Harvesting system and the loadout UI for power trays.
Where once you always saw your Melee tray and just shifted in and out of combat, you now move to the Survival tray to harvest. They also showed off some new Harvesting animations and a mockup for the new spellbook UI.
The video is now available on our official YouTube channel.
Here are some of the highlights from the stream:
- Harvesting will no longer rely on F to interact.
- In order to harvest, you will now need to activate the Survival tray, which is separate from the Melee and Ranged trays.
- Harvesting is now mapped to the left mouse button, allowing you to “attack” the resources to harvest them.
- Your harvesting tools (axe, hammer, pick, knife and shovel) will be mapped to your Survival tray in the same way your skills are mapped to your Melee tray.
- You can equip consumable items like potions and food to the Survival tray to allow for easy access.
- You can move around the node while you harvest it.
- There will be a set of Harvesting-specific powers that can be loaded out only into the Survival tray.
- Harvesting tools will soon be important to attack the walls of forts and keeps, as well as the Banetree and Tree of Life.
Crowfalls Q&A Live! goes on air every third Tuesday of the month. If you want to stay in the loop about when we’re streaming, be sure to follow our Official Twitch channel!