Frequently asked questions
- What is a pledge package?
- What is a pledge tier?
- Do purchases of merchandise from the Crowfall store count towards my pledge tier?
- How are testing levels accrued by backer amounts?
- What does it mean to consume a pledge package?
- When should I consume my pledge package?
- What payment options are available?
- What is layaway?
- How does Artcraft's layaway program work?
- Can I buy a pledge package for someone else?
- How do I gift a pledge package or reward to someone else?
- How do I upgrade my pledge package?
- Why are pledge packages different (Kickstarter, 2015, 2016)?
- Why are pledge packages (eg. Kickstarter and 2015) retired?
- How do I redeem pledge rewards like a guild name reservations?
- My original pledge package did not have a guild name reservation, but I upgraded to a package that does. Will my place in line to reserve the guild name be based on the date of my original pledge or the upgrade?
- Can I buy and sell pledge packages?
What is a pledge package?
A pledge package is the offer of certain items and services that are purchased by a consumer (backer) in exchange for a pledge by the company that the funds will be used to create and deliver a product.
To supplement the funds from accredited private investors to develop Crowfall™, ArtCraft began selling pledge packages first through a Kickstarter campaign (February 24 through March 26, 2015) and now through the Crowfall Store.
A pledge package is required to play Crowfall.
What is a pledge tier?
Pledge tiers are determined by the amount a backer has contributed to the project. As the price increases, the backer receives additional rewards. Crowfall pledge package tiers begin at the Supporter level ($5), which grants the backer access to the official Crowfall forums, all the way up to the Bloodstone level ($10,000+), which grants the backer a long list of rewards including a Mountain Citadel for their personal in-game kingdom.
Do purchases of merchandise from the Crowfall store count towards my pledge tier?
Yes, but only in the US because we do not have access to data from the third party e-commerce services we use in other regions to fulfill orders for branded clothing, mugs, etc.
For all regions, the purchase price of additional pledge packages, upgrades and other non-merchandise goods (such as in-game items and VIP tickets), the purchase amount is added to the sum of your contributions and that may put you into a higher pledge tier, granting you the forum badge and playtest access reward for that tier. You will not be entitled to the other goods and services for that pledge tier.
How are testing levels accrued by backer amounts?
For those in the US, playtest access level is determined by the combination of your pledge package tier and the sum total of additional purchases:
- Beta 2 >= 38
- Beta 1 >= 60
- Alpha Group 3 >= 99
- Alpha Group 2 >= 150
Outside the US, your pledging sum alone determines the playtest access level. This is listed on your “Transactions” tab which you can access when you log into your Crowfall.com account page.
What does it mean to consume a pledge package?
When purchased, a pledge package is a ‘bundle’ and can be gifted, in whole, to another person. When you ‘consume’ a pledge package, you unbundle it, separating out the individual components such as VIP tickets and mounts. This will enable you to gift or trade those individual components.
Once you have consumed your pledge package, you cannot rebundle it.
When should I consume my pledge package?
You do not need to consume your pledge package in order to participate on the forums, apply a backer badge to your forum account or to receive a playtest invitation when your test group is eligible.
There are three primary reasons you would want to consume the pledge package:
- When you wish to gift or trade one of the items in the bundle to another account.
- To redeem the reward that allows you to reserve a guild name, to name a campaign, etc.
- When the game launches.
What payment options are available?
The Crowfall Store accepts most of the following payment options globally: AmEx, Bitcoin, ClickandBuy, MasterCard, OneCard, PayPal, Paysafe and Visa. Payment options for your region will be presented during checkout.
What is layaway?
Layaway is a common retail practice where the seller “lays away” your item, holding it in storage as you make payments over time until the balance is paid in full rather than paying the full purchase price in one large payment.
Please note that layaway is not available in all regions. If you do not see the Layaway button on items valued greater than $100 (or equivalent) it is not available in your region.
How does Artcraft's layaway program work?
- You may only have one item at a time in layaway. (You’ll find it under your Account/Backer Rewards tab, and see it at the top of the Pledge Packages once you have activated a layaway.)
- Layaway is only available for items costing $100 or more.
- The layaway down payment is 15% of the price or $20, whichever is more, with 18-months to pay the balance. (This means you can take advantage of special offers and sales by locking in those prices but giving yourself additional time to pay.)
- Payments must be a minimum of $20 and may be made at any time.
- If you layaway an upgrade to an existing package, that package is locked (and removed) from your inventory residing with the layaway until you fully redeem it.
- You will still get the badges and testing privileges that came with that locked package.
- You will receive the pledge rewards for the package in layaway when the balance is paid in full.
Example: You want to upgrade eventually to Amber level at $249, but are currently at the $69 backer level. You will be able to layaway the Amber upgrade ($249 - $69 = $180 15% = $27) for $27. You can then pay the remaining $153 over time with minimum layaway payments of $20.*
Can I buy a pledge package for someone else?
Yes, you can buy a pledge package for someone else and then gift it from your account to theirs.
How do I gift a pledge package or reward to someone else?
When gifting items from one account to another, both parties must have two-factor authentication enabled on their respective accounts. See the Gifting FAQ for more information.
How do I upgrade my pledge package?
Log into your Crowfall.com account and go to the Pledge page. If an upgrade is available to you (based on your current pledge level), the amount shown will be the difference in price between your current pledge tier and that one.
Why are pledge packages different (Kickstarter, 2015, 2016)?
ArtCraft recognizes that development of the game would not be possible without the support of our backers. To show our appreciation, pledge packages have been assembled with rewards that will enhance the Crowfall gameplay experience. Since we are especially grateful to those who’ve chosen to back us early on, earlier packages have a greater value for the price. New pledge packages will be offered each year and they will always be good, but the previous ones will always be a little better.
Why are pledge packages (eg. Kickstarter and 2015) retired?
The backend process for combining pledge package rewards gets complicated due to the fluctuating cost of the items offered. For this reason, we carefully communicate with our backers when the current pledge package offerings are going to change and how much time backers have to upgrade or purchase additional pledge packages for that year.
How do I redeem pledge rewards like a guild name reservations?
We will announce details for redeeming these types of rewards when the time comes sometime later in 2016.
The order for reserving guild names, character names and so forth will go according to backer date first and then pledge tier. As noted above, we appreciate those who supported us early, regardless of pledge amount, and want to reward them by allowing them to have a place at the front of the line.
My original pledge package did not have a guild name reservation, but I upgraded to a package that does. Will my place in line to reserve the guild name be based on the date of my original pledge or the upgrade?
It will be based on your original backer date, not the date you upgraded your pledge.
Can I buy and sell pledge packages?