Frequently asked questions
- What is the pricing model for Crowfall?
- Can I spend real world currency buy in-game items or currency?
- What is included with the game purchase?
- Does VIP status give me an in-game advantage?
- What do I get for a VIP membership?
- How much will VIP membership cost?
- Can I buy resources (stone, iron, wood) from the Crowfall Store?
- Can items and resources be traded between players?
- Can I trade VIP membership tickets to other players?
- Does this apply to the game worldwide or only North America?
What is the pricing model for Crowfall?
Crowfall is a “buy once, play forever” game. This means that once you’ve purchased the game (retail price of USD $50), and you can then play for the life of the game without making additional purchases!
While we also offer VIP membership and an online shop where you can buy cosmetic items and buildings for your eternal kingdom (see more information below), both are completely optional and will not affect your ability to play and enjoy the game.
Can I spend real world currency buy in-game items or currency?
Although you aren’t able to buy in-game currency from us, the Crowfall Store does have a number of items available for purchase, none of which offer “pay to win” benefits.
Some of the things available in the Crowfall Store include
- VIP membership tickets,
- cosmetic items (i.e. items that do not affect gameplay),
- account-level services such as increasing the size and population capacity of your personal kingdom or reserving your guild name.
What is included with the game purchase?
When you purchase Crowfall, you will receive a digital copy of the game and one active game account that you can use to connect to the live game service -- for the life of the service!
In terms of advancement, Crowfall uses a “passive training” system (similar to Eve Online). This means that you can train skills offline, and those who can only play the game a few hours per week will not be at a numerical disadvantage to people who can play dozens of hours (or more…)
A regular account can train one general (Combat, Crafting or Exploration) skill and one class skill at any time. VIP accounts can train one general skill and three class skills concurrently.
Does VIP status give me an in-game advantage?
No. Because you can only play one character at a time, VIP accounts and standard accounts are balanced on a moment-by-moment basis. VIP accounts offer more variety in playstyle, but are no more powerful.
Our goal is to make the VIP membership entirely optional.
What do I get for a VIP membership?
VIP membership provides a few additional benefits:
- VIP members can train three class skills at any time (instead of just one),
- Priority access to all game servers,
- VIP frame / badge on the forums,
- Discount pricing on any purchases,
- Other cool (but not game balance-affecting) benefits, as we think of them!
How much will VIP membership cost?
VIP membership is $15 per month.
Can I buy resources (stone, iron, wood) from the Crowfall Store?
No. The only way to get resources will be to either earn them by participating in campaigns or by trading with other players.
Can items and resources be traded between players?
Yes. This the foundation of a player-driven economy.
Can I trade VIP membership tickets to other players?
Yes. This means that people who purchase the game but don’t want to pay a monthly subscription can still become VIP members by providing goods and services to other players.
One year bundles of VIP, purchased at a discount, may not be traded.
Does this apply to the game worldwide or only North America?
These answers are for North America and Europe only. Other territories (China, Japan, Korea, Russia, etc.) will have regionally appropriate pricing. Details related to other markets will be released at a later time once local partners for those territories have been selected.